Frequently Asked Questions
The below FAQs are for your convenience. If you are at the festival and have more questions be sure to stop by the
Where is the festival?
The festival takes place in downtown Green Bay on the Fox River at Leicht Memorial Park – 128 Dousman Street, Green Bay, WI 54313
What are the hours?
Friday – Noon to 8pm with fireworks at 9pm, Saturday – 9am-4pm, Sunday – 9am-5pm
When is the Tall Ship Festival® presented by Nicolet National Bank open?
The festival will be open Friday, August 5 from Noon to 8pm with fireworks at 9pm, Saturday, August 6 from 9am-4pm, and Sunday, August 7 from 9am – 5pm.
Where is WILL CALL located?
All WILL CALL tickets will be available at the main festival gate on the day of the event. The person who ordered the tickets must present a photo ID. If someone other than the person ordering the ticket is picking them up in WILL CALL, Ticket Star will need to be called IN ADVANCE OF AUGUST 5 (800.895.0071) to change the name on the WILL CALL tickets.
What are the ticket prices?
General Admission Festival:
- Adults $12
- Children (ages 5-12) and Seniors (62+) $10
- Children 4 & under FREE
- Groups of 10 or more save $2 a ticket. Contact Melissa Martinson (920) 405-1267 or email@example.com
- Day Sail: $60 & includes festival ticket (approx. 90 minute excursion)
- Sunset Sail: $85 & includes festival ticket (approx. 90 minute excursion)
- Parade of Sail (Sturgeon Bay to Green Bay August 4) $285 & includes festival ticket. Transportation from Green Bay to Sturgeon Bay is available for $10. Transportation back to Sturgeon Bay after the sail is not provided.
Is parking available?
Metered and unmetered street parking is available throughout the downtown Green Bay area. Parking lot, ramp parking, and bicycle parking is also available.
ADA parking is available including a shuttle that bring attendees to the festival grounds.
Is food and beverage available?
A large variety of festival concessions will be open with covered and uncovered seating areas for your convenience.
What kind of security check will be in place?
All persons entering the festival with a bag will be subject to a bag search before admittance to the grounds. PMI Entertainment Group (festival producers) reserves the right to alter carry-in item policies at any time.
What can I bring into the festival?
The following items are allowed:
- Strollers (not allowed on sail excursions)
- Wagons (not allowed on sail excursions)
- Small Bag or Purse
The following items are not allowed:
- Large Bags
- Outside Food or Beverages
- Cans or Glass Bottles
- Contraband or Illegal Substances
- Weapons of any kind, including firearms
- Pets (except service animals that perform a task for persons with a disability)
- Laser Pointers
- Lawn chairs during the day hours
- Inline Skates
- Picnic Baskets
Can I leave the festival and come back in?
In order to leave and re-enter the grounds free of charge a hand stamp is required. Hand stamps can be obtained upon exit of the grounds. Attendees re-entering the grounds will need to re-pass through security.
When do the ships arrive in Green Bay?
The ships are expected to arrive in Green Bay on Thursday, August 4 in the mid to late afternoon. Arrival times are weather and wind dependent. Ships and festival grounds are not open to the public until Friday, August 5 at noon.
What do I need to know about the on-board/sailing experience?
- Tripping hazards are unavoidable aboard sailing vessels and the highest degree of care and watchfulness is expected of all visitors.
- Proper footwear will be worn by all visitors boarding a ship (rubber sole shoes, sneaker, or boat shoes). Leather sole shoes are slippery and dangerous on deck. Absolutely no spike heels are permitted aboard a ship.
- Visitors will not sit on the caprail, taffrail or bulwarks enclosing the deck.
- Smoking is not permitted aboard the vessel.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be consumed aboard the vessel during the open hours of the festival.
- No food (including chewing gum) or beverages of any kind will be brought aboard by visitors.
- Handrails will be used by guests when boarding and departing the vessel. Visitors should not run, jump, or bounce on the gangways or deck.
- Visitors will not be permitted to climb aloft.
Is there a place I can put my umbrella, purchases, etc.?
Unfortunately there is not a holding area for purchased items. Attendees can bring items to their car and re-enter free of charge with a hand stamp. Attendees re-entering the grounds will need to re-pass through security.
What is included in the ticket?
A general admission ticket is valid for one day only (August 5, 6 or 7). The ticket grants access to all festival activities, including but not limited to: public touring of the ships, live musical entertainment, educational seminars, interactive children’s activities, vendor shopping areas, and food and beverage tents. Day and sunset sails require a separate ticket.
What happens if it is raining?
The festival is a rain or shine event. Festival ticket refunds will not be issued due to unfavorable weather. If a sail excursion is canceled due to weather, every accommodation will be made to re-schedule. If a sail excursion cannot be re-scheduled the ticket will be refunded.
Where can I buy tickets?
Festival tickets are available online at www.tallshipgreenbay.com/tickets and the Ticket Star Box Office located in the Resch Center.
Do you accept credit cards on the grounds?
Cash or check is the only payment method accepted for purchasing admission tickets to the festival and although some vendors may accept credit cards, the majority of vendors on the grounds do not accept credit cards. An ATM is available located outside the festival upon entrance to the grounds.
Where can I stay overnight during my trip to the festival?
There are many hotels in the Green Bay downtown and surrounding area and many offer great festival packages. Visit www.greenbay.com
Is the festival ADA accessible?
The festival takes place at Leicht Memorial Park which is predominately grass. There is a gravel sidewalk from the main entrance that leads to the ship boardwalk, which is a cement sidewalk, where attendees can view the ships.
On board Tours and Sail Excursions
Unfortunately due to the limitations of ships built in the 1800s, the ships are not handicap accessible. Ship crews will accommodate any visitor as best as possible, within these constraints.
There will be a handicap accessible restroom located by the food and beverage tents.
ADA parking is available including a shuttle that brings attendees to the festival grounds.
Can I rent a wheelchair or stroller?
Unfortunately wheelchairs and strollers are not available for rent at the grounds
Where can I look for something I lost at the festival?
Lost and found articles can be claimed at the volunteer check-in booth located by the exit. Starting Monday, August 8 please call 920-494-3401 to inquire about lost items.
What if I get ill or injured while on the grounds?
If you get ill or injured while on the ground please notify a festival staff member, security member, Green Bay Police or Fire Department official. Basic first-aid supplies are available.
How can I apply to volunteer at the festival?
All volunteer slots are full.
How do I apply for a media credential for festival? (for working media only)
For media questions please contact:Terry Charles – Public Relations Manager
(920) 405.1194 Terry.Charles@pmiwi.com
How can I reserve a vendor booth for my organization or company?
If your business offers items that would be a great fit for the festival, visit our Vendor Information page.